Till now, it was complicated to integrate FAQ schema into the web pages. It takes a lot of struggle to add just a star rating schema.
But, in May 2019, Google has come up with the support for FAQ and how to structure data on the Google Assistant platform and Google search engine.
The urge of getting those schemas lies in the fact that they help in getting more Click Through Rate (CTR) on the organic results. It also permits WordPress experts to perform better in SERP by optimizing the WordPress website. It also has given many options to the users to explore the website content easily.
But, remember that it cannot be used on any page type. Google has unleashed some of the guidelines for the same. You can only practice FAQ schema if your page or post has a FAQ section. For instance; to do anything in WordPress, we require the WordPress schema plugin.
Did not know what FAQ schema is ??
Find out below the official definition of FAQ schema from google:
“A Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) page contains a list of questions and answers pertaining to a particular topic. Properly marked up FAQ pages may be eligible to have a rich result on Search and Markup Action for the Google Assistant, which can help your site reach the right users”.
Take a look below to find an example to understand FAQ schema.
We are here with a guide that shows how to add FAQ schema to the WordPress website and validation using Google rich result test. The main thing is that you do not need to be technical expertise or hire any developer to accomplish the process. The one with the basic knowledge of WordPress can execute it successfully.
Tip: The structured data markup only authorizes an individual feature and does not assure the presence of that feature in Google SERP. To attain the best results, it is important that the webpage should support any of the following features, such as:
In addition, the structured data pages should not be blocked for Googlebot with robots.txt, no-index tag and some of the other access control measures.
Let’s get started with the steps to be followed to integrate FAQ schema into the WordPress website.
How To Add FAQ Schema To Your WordPress Website
Generate The FAQ Schema
The best way for FAQ schema generation is to use JSON-LD structured data.
Google uses JSON-LD for rendering exclusive search results and further upgrading its features. Generate the code for the schema markup and then craft questions (up to seven) with their answers.
It is better to seek the problems that people are facing and then go on crafting the questions with effective and concise solutions.
Truncate the gap between you and your audiences by searching for the problem faced by your audience and resolving their issues promptly.
Adding FAQ Schema To WordPress Website
- Using the help of a plugin for the insertion of JSON-LD code and placing it in the header section of the content on the web page or blog.
- Open the WordPress dashboard and select the plugin option and click on “Add New”.
- Select the ‘header and footer script’ and install the plugin in the next step.
- Activate the plugin and now select the zone on the web page where you want to add the FAQ schema in the content.
- The option saying insert script to head helps in adding the FAQ schema.
- The newly installed plugin will install the code generated by the tool and thus JSON-LD code seamlessly becomes part of it.
You can leave this facet of technical expertise in programming and hire a WordPress developer for the same purpose.
There is an option to check the eligibility of the website and webpage for rich schemas.
- Just enter the URL, that you would like to check and run for the test.
- If the FAQ is correctly installed, then the page will display results acknowledging that the page is eligible for rich results.
- The moment schema validation is confirmed for the respective webpage, you can be sure that the FAQ schema is successfully installed.
Acknowledge Google About the Schema Markup For The Website
Things may remain undone if you don’t follow the last step. It is not sufficient to install, activate, and then validate the FAQ schema and make it part of the header of the webpage.
You have to dig deeper and go one step ahead by opening the Google analytics tool and creating a request to index it for a specific post.
The process is simple. Just add the URL and override the message and reindex it. After a couple of minutes, the process will be over.
Sometimes, a process may time longer than expected as it depends on various factors like content quality, keyword usage, etc.
As of now, you must have understood the ways of adding FAQ schema to the WordPress website. But, it is always required to test before any assurance. Check out below how FAQ schema markup can be tested.
How To Test FAQ Schema Markup
To check if the FAQ schema is working or not, you need to navigate to Google Structured data testing tool.
Run the test after entering the URP with the FAQ schema.
The next page will display the error if persists.
Zero error implies ‘no-error’. Now, you are ready to sail.
Pros of Using FAQ Schema
- In precise, it will provide you with more CTR on your web pages on SERPs. Indeed, you will get significant traffic to your web door. Let’s find out how you can get it!!
- Google practices the structured data for the major search result features (rich snippets) in addition to the structured data for higher ranking for the search query.
- We know that Google has declared that it will start promoting structured data when it is about FAQ. Moreover, they revealed that pages that are marked up correctly for FAQ structured data would be available to consider as productive results on Google search.
- When it is about designing, the page suitable for FAQ-rich outcomes gets extra space in the regular search snippet. It could be the FAQ tab integrated with an in-page markup.
- Extra space on Google search results implies more clicks on the link. And, a higher click-through rate.
Ready To Add FAQ Schema To Your WordPress Website?
- Google is promoting the use of structured data and highlighting the websites which are using the schema markup. As FAQ schema does not have any direct effect on the WordPress on-page SEO, but still is the best manner to boost the CTRs.
- FAQ schema markup is a fast and efficient way to remodel the website, which helps in saving time and boosting the reach of your website. The click-through rate within SERPs gets an improvement with the FAQ schema.
- Do not forget to comply with Google’s guidelines for FAQ Schema. Grasp this opportunity and stand out.
- We hope you appreciate the information and guidelines provided in our article. Let you know if you have doubts or queries in the comments section below regarding the FAQ schema.
Thanks for reading!!
About the Author:
Emily Johns is a web developer and IT consultant at WordSuccor, providing Custom WordPress development services to global clients. She is dived through the open-source code for over a decade and shares everything about WordPress and new Web design technologies. You can find her on Twitter and LinkedIn.